- Position Title: Social Media Specialist
- Department: Marketing
- Location: Kent, WA, USA
- Reports to: VP of Marketing
- FLSA Status: Exempt
We are a global leader specializing in the design, innovation, and marketing of luggage and travel accessories. We are committed to creating effortless travel experiences through our proprietary brands RICARDO BEVERLY HILLS, SKYWAY, and STEPHANIE JOHNSON as well as private label and licensed brands. With a world-class global distribution spanning four continents and over 20 countries, we are a globally recognized leader in quality luggage. Our brands are available online at www.ricardobeverlyhills.com, www.skywayluggage.com, and www.stephaniejohnson.com and at major department stores, specialty stores and online retailers in United States and worldwide. We’re motivated by creativity, captivated by the west coast and obsessed with quality. Join us. Your next adventure awaits.
SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
Acts as the frontline brand manager by interacting with customers and fans in real time on various social media platforms. This means participating in minute-by-minute online conversations by answering questions, offering solutions and mediating conversations; also creating content for feeds and sparking discussion on various social networking sites. The right candidate will have excellent verbal and writing skills, the ability to work with cross-functional teams, a sharp wit, thinking on their fit and being able to provide tactful, brand right feedback.
- Work collaboratively with the marketing team to build and execute social media campaigns across all platforms including Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Google+
- Develop objectives and measurement of social media marketing programs and campaigns in support of overall marketing goals
- Create editorial calendars across brands and social media platforms and align campaigns and posts with the overall digital GTM plans
- Partner with the copywriter and drive the creation of highly relevant, conversational, content to support marketing objectives
- Generate, edit, publish, curate, and share daily content (original text, images, video, or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Moderate all user-generated content ensuring to be in-line with the moderation policy
- Work with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to properly tag and optimize content
- Work cross-functionally to create integrated marketing and listening campaigns to drive brand evangelism and awareness
- Prepare reports to update on usage statistics, and continuous monitoring and coverage of all sites.
- Cross-functional collaboration with key partners in Brand Marketing, Digital Mktg, Creative and Design to strategize, research topics and ideas, and develop relevant content for social media publishing.
- Ensure consistency in voice, and cultivating a strong community around the brand
- Monitor online competitor presences/ perceptions, report “chatter” and other relevant online data and research new channels for relevance/ trend identification
- Executes all administrative functions for the Social Media department including analytic reports, managing database systems, calendars, invoicing and other operational processes.
- Tabulate and analyze social media metrics on a weekly/ monthly basis to make recommendations on resource allocation and programmatic shifts
- Use multiple internal and third-party tools to pull data for weekly and ad-hoc reports
- Independently develop new approaches to analysis that can help us to better evaluate campaign performance and provide actionable insights
- Prior experience with a digital marketing agency or in advertising, public relations, customer service for social media, or online marketing is preferred.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills (including proofreading), and have expert knowledge of social networking channels.
- The right candidate will have 1+ year of experience in marketing working on social media platforms. Strong written communication skills are necessary, with an emphasis on grammar/spelling excellence.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- The right candidate will have a degree in marketing, journalism, communications or business administration
- 2-5+ years of experience in public relations, communications, or related field
- 2-5+ years professional experience utilizing multiple social media platforms for branding and or marketing
- Experience launching social media campaigns across multiple platforms
- Previous experience with Business to Consumer (B2C) marketing and strategies preferred
Duties and responsibilities include the principal functions of the job description and shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or other duties, which may be assigned during normal operations.
The Social Media Specialist will be based in Kent, WA, USA, where our headquarters are located and it will report to the VP of Marketing.