Apply for this job via Linkedin or by sending your resume at email@example.com.
We are a travel lifestyle company on a mission to inspire people to explore the world. Every day and in every way, our teams work hard to bring joy to the traveling experience through our proprietary brands RICARDO, STEPHANIE JOHNSON, SKYWAY and AMERICAN EXPLORER. We specialize in the design, innovation, marketing and distribution of luggage and travel accessories. Our products are available nationally and internationally, at major department stores, specialty stores, travel retail, warehouse clubs, off-price stores, and online at 3rd party marketplaces and our own eCommerce stores.
JOB SUMMARY - JUNIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER / PRODUCTION ARTIST
Ricardo Beverly Hills is looking for a Junior Graphic Designer / Production Artist to join our in-house creative team. You must have experience in Project Management and be a major contributor to our fast-paced environment, working on a variety of projects, including packaging - POS and POP marketing collateral, digital assets, sales literature, advertising and other marketing materials. In this role, you must be resourceful, proactive, comfortable with dealing with ambiguity - take lead when needed- and have a sharp eye for visual details and accuracy. Your goal will be to develop and manage visual assets that capture our product quality and features while reflecting each brand’s high standards of excellence. You will be part of a team of designers, photographers, and marketers - all working in a highly collaborative environment. You will work under the supervision of the Creative Director.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Design Production – 30%
- Design and oversee a variety of given projects within established brand standards and adjust to recommended revisions and comments.
- Create POS and merchandising assets, including Hang Tags and POP materials
- Create assets in various crop sizes for print and digital
- Design sell-in tools such as linebooks and other presentations and ensure uniformity across all materials.
- Additional duties as needed
Project Management - 30 %
- Define, maintain, scope and lead projects with input from several key stakeholders across the organization
- Own projects from creative brief through production; produce from draft to final creative assets for internal customers or retailers
- Coordinate with creative team to design and produce print, digital content and videos
- Perform quality control of deliverables and ensure team is meeting client needs
Traffic & Production Management -20%
- Manage production process and advocate for creative in the project cycle
- Create, plan and actively manage project calendars, and enforce deadlines
- Manage production of sell-in tools, POP & POS assets (print and digital) as well as other marketing materials
- Generate project and proposal estimates/ budget management with outside vendors
- Determine, organize and implement customized and efficient processes/ systems within Studio and make improvements as you see fit.
- Proofread and prepare designs to be sent to print
Account Management – 10%
- Maintain consistent communication between the creative studio and Ricardo’s sales team – track project communication, updates, maintain status list and initiate approval process through the Citrix Platform
- Proactively manage multiple work streams and internal / external client/account relationships simultaneously
Resource Management – 10%
- Daily coordination with outside partners; hire vendors, as projects dictate
- Monitor creative team’s workload capacity, track internal and freelance needs, manage Creative Request Forms
- Coordinate with photo studio for production and sample shots and keep track of photo requests in coordination with lead photo photographer
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Graphic Design or other related area
- Preferred 2 or more years of professional graphic design, or related role as part of an in-house creative team or agency design team with CPG or D2C accounts
- Professional experience with packaging and print production
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Google Sheets, primarily Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Portfolio demonstration of strong design skills and technique is required.
- Knowledge of Citrix and Project Management Software a plus
- Strong creative and visual design skills with major attention to detail
- Experience in packaging, displays and digital a plus.
- Ability to take direction from others and work autonomously on concepts and design and implement them to final output.
- Ability to multi-task simultaneous ongoing projects with strong time management skills under aggressive deadlines.
- Work collaboratively with the ability to communicate with other and present to management.
Duties and responsibilities include the principal functions of the job description and shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or other duties, which may be assigned during normal operations.