JUNIOR DESIGNER / DEVELOPER - BAGS & LUGGAGE
Apply for this job by sending your resume to email@example.com.
We are a global leader specializing in the design, innovation and marketing of luggage and travel accessories. We are committed to creating effortless travel experiences through our proprietary brands RICARDO BEVERLY HILLS, SKYWAY, and STEPHANIE JOHNSON as well as private label and licensed brands. We’re motivated by creativity, captivated by the west coast and obsessed with quality. Join us. Your next adventure awaits.
JOB SUMMARY - JUNIOR DESIGNER / DEVELOPER - BAGS & LUGGAGE
Ricardo Beverly Hills is searching for an industrial designer with a passion for travel, keen eye for fashion, and a love of materials and processes. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of the concept and iteration process, the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, and display endless inquisition. S/he must be a team player in their willingness to work with sales, marketing, and our global partners. Strong presentation skills coupled with the ability to influence design direction will lead to great opportunity to have your vision become a reality.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- 0-3 years professional experience in Industrial Design or a related field.
- Passion for working at the intersection of designing soft and hard goods product.
- Ability to rapidly ideate, work independently, and describe concepts clearly.
- Familiarity with a work shop enviornment and ability to make physical mockups as needed.
- Acute sensitivity to color selection, matching, and material composition.
- Strong proficiency with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, as well as MS Office (emphasis on Excel)
- Proficiency in 3D surface modeling (Solidworks or Rhino) a plus.
- Pro-activeness in becoming a valued team member and learn new systems and processes.
- Advanced English language and clear communication skills.
- Research market and industry trends, participate in field research and presentations.
- Contribute to product design briefs and line plan strategies.
- Create compelling product solutions through both available and new materials and constructions.
- Creation of detailed tech packs, BOM’s, and sample requests for factory handoff.
- Interact daily with global partners in a clear and concise manner.
- Actively learn and continually improve upon operational and manufacturing processes.
- Provide color and material approvals for bulk production orders.
- Travel domestically for trade shows, sales presentations, and field research.
- Opportunity to travel to Asia (up to 2x per year) to work directly with factories and suppliers.
Duties and responsibilities include the principal functions of the job description and shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or other duties, which may be assigned during normal operations.