Home / Careers / Assistant Warehouse Manager
Assistant Warehouse Manager
- Position Title: Assistant Warehouse Manager
- Department: Warehouse
- Location: Kent, WA, USA
- Reports to:Warehouse Manager
- FLSA Status:Exempt
Ricardo Beverly Hills, Inc. is a global leader specializing in the design, innovation, and marketing of luggage and travel accessory products. At the heart of our vision is a commitment to fostering creativity and delivering the best in luggage design and travel accessories through our proprietary brands RICARDO BEVERLY HILLS®, SKYWAY® and STEPHANIE JOHNSON™ as well as private label and licensed brands. With a world-class global distribution spanning four continents and over 20 countries, we are a globally recognized leader in quality luggage. Our brands are available online at www.ricardobeverlyhills.com and www.skywayluggage.com, and at major department stores, specialty stores and online retailers in United States and worldwide. We are an American owned and operated company.
We are seeking an experienced person who has previous warehouse supervision experience who will assist in overseeing our warehouse operations in Kent, Washington. In addition to pick and pack experience, this person will have had direct responsibility for inbound and outbound freight scheduling, negotiating LTL freight rates and complying with department store routing guides.
- Supervise the order processing department ensuring the specific requirements of each order are scheduled and communicated to the warehouse team. This includes price ticketing, special labeling or other specific requirements to meeting our customers’ needs.
- Responsible for complete routing guide compliance. Must understand all routing guides and have process to ensure compliance.
- Scheduling inbound and outbound freight to coordinate all shipments on time and managing the process so that detention and demurrage charges are avoided. In addition, this position negotiates freight rates and schedules all LTL shipments.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the yard ensuring containers are properly located in the yard so that loading, unloading and special handling are all completed in an efficient manner. Must be able to drive the yard truck to relocate trailers as needed.
- Oversees the receiving process including verifying quantities, inspections upon receipt and determining warehouse location for the inventory. Supervises truck driver responsible for picking up and delivering goods offsite.
- Responsible for equipment maintenance and warehouse safety.
- Special projects as assigned. Scope projects, develop efficient plan to complete and follow through to completion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience supervising a warehouse team including overseeing the order processing responsibilities.
- Previous experience with routing guide compliance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to give clear and precise directions to large and small groups and be able to present to senior management in the absence of the Warehouse Manager. Accurate and clear communication with all departments throughout the company.
- Ability to effectively build a team through training, coaching and relationship building creating a positive work environment.
- Experience driving a yard truck and relocating trailers. Must also be qualified to drive a forklift.
- Must be able to lift and move heavy loads.
Duties and responsibilities include the principal functions of the job description and shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or other duties, which may be assigned during normal operations.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to careers[at]ricardobeverlyhills.com